FABRIC Community Workshop
On April 15-16th 2020 FABRIC will host a Community Visioning Workshop at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for academic researchers, industry, technologists, R&E network and computing facilities operators, and other stakeholders to exchange ideas and provide feedback on the proposed architecture and scope of the FABRIC project.
White Paper Assignment
Pick an idea/topic regarding testbeds and experimentation and submit a 1-2 pager on it. We'd especially like to foster discussion such as:
- Feedback on the FABRIC architecture and thoughts about its use?
- Beyond the 4 initial science drivers (IoT, Security, Machine Learning, NDN), what other research areas have unique networking requirements? What other research communities and opportunities can we engage as early design partners?
- Should experimental data be shared between experimenters and how?
- What were any important deficiencies in existing testbeds that made you not use them? How can FABRIC change your mind about testbed benefits?
- What are possible opportunities for global experimentation leveraging FABRIC?
- What advanced network measurement functions would you like to see, including timing precision functions?
- Do you see opportunities for innovative education, in and beyond classrooms, leveraging FABRIC?
UIC Student Center East, 750 S. Halsted Street, Chicago, IL
Hotels & Agenda
Please check back at a later time for more information regarding places to stay and the format for the workshop.
Due to the venue's limited capacity, we are unable to accept everyone interested in attending the Workshop. Please fill out this form with your information and topic(s) you intend to bring, and we will try our best to align your interests to either this workshop or subsequent FABRIC workshops in the near future. Note that the first consideration deadline is January 31, 2020.